Friday, October 3, 2014

Wheat Pumpkin Bread

Hi, friends! I hope it's starting to feel like fall wherever you are. I'm so anxious to break out my sweaters and scarves. I'm also on the search for the perfect fall boot for this size-12 foot. If you have any tips or suggestions, please share!!! 

On another note, I'm really worried about the safety of my drinking water...

Silly Arthur.

Anyway...

I'm really excited to share this Wheat Pumpkin Bread with you. It's the perfect breakfast or afternoon snack and paired with a cup of coffee or tea, you couldn't ask for a better simple pleasure. 

There are so many decadent pumpkin recipes out there. This is not one of them. It's not too sweet, not overly complicated, and it's quick. This  moist  Wheat Pumpkin Bread is my idea of quick bread perfection.


Beware: this bread didn't last long in our house. 

I blame it on the cats. 

This bread is baked in an 8.5" x 4.5" loaf pan, but it can easily be made into 12 muffins. I'm not sure how it could be more delicious, but feel free to jazz up this delicious bread by adding chocolate chips or pumpkin seeds. 


Wheat Pumpkin Bread

Ingredients:

3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup olive oil (or substitute apple sauce)
2 eggs
3/4 cup canned pumpkin
1/4 cup water
1 1/2 cup flour (I used half wheat and half all-purpose)
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon salt

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 350* and grease a 8.5" x 4.5" loaf pan with cooking spray. In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs. Add the remaining wet ingredients and mix well. In a small mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Once incorporated, slowly add the dry mixture to the wet mixture. Pour the batter in the loaf pan and bake for 35-45 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.



Hope you have a wonderful weekend :)


Can't get enough pumpkin? Check out my White Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins.

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment; I'd love to hear from you!