Monday, October 13, 2014

One Pot Pasta (20-Minute Meal)

It's Monday! Hope you all had a wonderful weekend. We were able to spend our weekend with my parents at their house. It's been so nice to see them, and the drive with two crazy kitties was totally worth it. 

Since moving to a city where restaurants are everywhere, I have been a major slacker in the kitchen. If I actually cook, it's been assembling a salad or cooking rice. No real cooking taking place! With starting a new job and spending our evenings at the gym, it's been too convenient to eat out. 

I've had my eye on Chung-Ah's One Pot Pasta for quite some time now and I seriously regret not making it sooner. It was so delicious and easy to make. The andouille sausage brought the perfect amount of kick and heat to this dish. The sauce ended up so creamy and perfect that my family couldn't believe that there was no heavy cream in the recipe- just the remaining pasta water and some Parmesan, 

Prep and cook time was just under 20 minutes. I officially have no excuse for not cooking actual meals. 


One Pot Pasta

Ingredients:

1 pound spaghetti
1 (12.8-ounce) package smoked andouille sausage, thinly sliced
1 large onion, thinly sliced
3 cups halved grape tomatoes
2 cups basil leaves (I used spinach)
4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 cup grated Parmesan

Directions:

In a large pot, add 4.5 cups of water and everything except for the cheese. Cook on medium-high heat until the water boils. Once boiling, r-educe the heat to a simmer and cook uncovered until the pasta is tender and the water reduces, about 8-10 minutes. Do not drain. Add the Parmesand and stir until well combined and the sauce thickens. Serve immediately.


Enjoy the recipe! 
And have a fabulous week :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment; I'd love to hear from you!