Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Homemade Plant Food

There's no simple pleasure I love more than fresh cut flowers on the table. They instantly brighten any space and add a smile to my face. 

I used to resort to buying fresh stems at Harris Teeter or Trader Joe's, but now I'm blessed with having a local farmer's market that has the most beautiful assortment of flower bouquets. Beautiful flowers for my home + supporting small businesses = super win. 




The only downfall to fresh cut flowers is that they don't last as long as I would like them to (well that and my cats try to chew/shred them). I always wondered what the trick to long-lasting flowers was, and now I have it! My friend Jennifer shared a simple solution that she picked up from a florist and I'm excited to share it with all of you today. 

I've already tried this solution and I'm happy to report that my last farmer's market bouquet lasted nearly two weeks! I will be using this Homemade Plant Food every time I get fresh flowers; it's magic :)




Hope you're having a glorious week :) I'll check back in on Friday with a fun workout.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment; I'd love to hear from you!