Monday, September 29, 2014

Cheddar & Pumpkin Beer Bread (6 ingredients!)

As I mentioned last week, I have officially been bitten by the fall bug. Meaning, nothing seems more exciting to me than fall decorations, I want to bake, and I want all things pumpkin!

I made this Cheddar and Pumpkin Beer Bread the other day and it was so delicious. It is soooo easy to make and it only requires six ingredients-- I bet you already have them on hand. 

This bread shares my festive fall spirit with Pumpkin Ale baked right into it! Don't worry, the beer flavor isn't at all overwhelming. It's just perfect! 

Just choose a bottle of your favorite fall-inspired ale. I picked up mine from World Market. Their selection is endless!

This bread is a perfect companion for a soup or stew and it's also great as an afternoon snack. I'm sure I will bake this bread at least a half dozen more times before winter gets here. It's that easy and that delicious!

Even though I kept this bread simple, the possibilities and add-ins are abundant (think herbs, spices, or even bacon). Have fun with this recipe and see what you can come up with!

Cheddar & Pumpkin Beer Bread

Inspired by halfbakedharvest.com

Ingredients:

3 cups flour (I used half whole wheat and half all-purpose)
4 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup cheddar cheese
12 ounces of pumpkin beer
1/2 teaspoon salt

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 350* and spray a 9" x 5" loaf pan with cooking spray. Add the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt to a mixing bowl and stir until well combined. Add the cheese and stir until well combined. Finally, add the beer and stir until just combined. Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake for 45-55 minutes, or until the top of the bread is lightly browned and the middle is set. Let the bread sit on a cooling rack for 15 minutes until serving. 


Hope you all have a wonderful week. 
If you make the bread, I'd love to hear your thoughts :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment; I'd love to hear from you!