Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Blueberry Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing

It's that time of the year when I crave salads and ice cream. Or anything of the cold variety, really. And what could be better with a salad and ice cream than homemade Blueberry Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing

Strawberries are in season where I live and I'm loving it. Most people wouldn't think that strawberries grow near the beach, but they do and they're bountiful. My mom and I picked buckets full of strawberries a few weeks ago and I'm going back with a group for work tomorrow. I'm thrilled to learn that my favorite strawberry field will soon produce blueberries... they'll be ready for picking in July. I'll definitely be back to pick my weight in blueberries and make more of this amazing dressing in a few months, but for now, frozen blueberries are doing the trick and I can't get enough salad with this liquid perfection drizzled atop!

Try this dressing today! You're going to love it :)


Blueberry Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing

Recipe makes around 8 ounces

This dressing was inspired by Lindsay over at The Lean Green Bean

Ingredients:

1/2 cup cold pressed olive oil
1 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
heaping 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries (thawed if frozen)
1/8 cup agave

Directions:

Add the ingredients to a food processor or blender and blend until well combined. Chill until ready to serve.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for linking up at Tasty Tuesday! Your recipe has been pinned to the Tasty Tuesday Pinterest board! Please join us again this week!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment; I'd love to hear from you!