Thursday, January 9, 2014

The Office Workout

Has everyone had a good week so far? It's almost Friday :)

It's been a good week so far. I had to pick up a shift at work on Saturday, so I was lucky to have Tuesday off. Babe and I were lucky to have a chance to spend the day together. It's tough when you don't have the same days off as your significant other. Anyway... we went to one of our new favorite coffee shops in the northern part of the Outer Banks and I saw a magnet for sale that really spoke to me (apologies for the blurry phone pic).


On another note, it's been too long since I've posted a workout on here!

This one is actually inspired by the limited-mobility older adult students that I work with. They're such troopers and even though they have difficulty getting around, they still show up and give it their all!

This quick workout can be done during breaks while at the office-- while seated in your chair! I know that you all have a few free moments in your workday (I know I have a few) so in the spirit of the new year, take advantage of these moments and get in some strength training. You will return to work feeling energized and ready to tackle that to-do list!

For this quick workout, all you need is a pair of dumbbells.


I haven't really talked bout it on the blog, but I've been having to keep exercise really low key lately (for weeks actually), as I've injured my foot. The doc instructed me to stay off of it, as it could take 2-6 weeks to heal. I've been going crazy not being able to do the intense cardio that I love, but thankfully, I've been able to do a few exercises that don't bother my foot. I never quite realized how important exercise is for my mental health-- until now, when I can't exercise!


Do you physically need to exercise?

Exercise really seems to lift my spirits, helps me sleep better, and makes me feel great about myself. Toning the booty never hurt, either ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment; I'd love to hear from you!