Sunday, January 19, 2014

Easy Cheese Danish

Good Morning and Happy Sunday! Hopefully many of you get to have an extra long weekend :) And if not, you can still make your weekend a little extra special with the recipe I'm about to share with you.

Each month at work, I host a knitting group {yes, I get paid to knit and yes, it is awesome}. We meet twice each month and I always try to bake something to bring and share with the ladies. This month, I was a bit pressed for time and was looking for a super easy recipe that also tastes great. When I came across a recipe for a very simple mini cheese danish, I knew exactly what I would be baking! Though I chose not to add a glaze atop my danish, I included a very simple recipe for one-- just in case some of you want to take this recipe up a notch! 

This cheese danish would taste great paired along with a cup of coffee as an afternoon pick-me-up. Just saying...

Easy Cheese Danish
Recipe adapted from Lemon-sugar.com

Ingredients

1 can refrigerated crescent rolls
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons lemon juice

For Optional Glaze:
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
1 Tablespoon milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and prepare a large cookie sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat mat.

Carefully remove the packaging from the crescent rolls, but don’t unroll the dough! Instead, slice the log into 12 slices and place the slices on the cookie sheet.


Use your fingers to press an indention into the dough. This is where the filling will go.


To make the filling, combine the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and lemon juice with a hand mixer until smooth. Spoon 1-2 teaspoons of filling into each danish. 


Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.

Optional Glaze: While the crescents are cooling, whisk together the confectioners’ sugar, milk and vanilla and pour over the tops of each danish. (If you want the glaze to be thicker, add more sugar. If you want a thinner glaze, add more milk.)


What are you up to this weekend? Hope you all have a fabulous Sunday!



3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. They're my bakery weakness! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  2. Just got my cheque for $500.

    Sometimes people don't believe me when I tell them about how much you can earn filling out paid surveys from home...

    So I show them a video of myself getting paid over $500 for filling paid surveys to finally set the record straight.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment; I'd love to hear from you!