Saturday, January 25, 2014

Baked Cheddar Zucchini Spears

It's the weekend!!! I'm so excited; it's been a busy week. Check out this pretty sunset from a few days ago...


Are you’re looking for a healthy and tasty dinner side dish that will leave you feeling satisfied? If so, look no further! These Baked Cheddar Zucchini Spears make the perfect side dish or snack. They come together in no time at all and they’re really delicious.


Makes 1-2 servings

Ingredients:

1 medium to large zucchini
Salt and pepper, to taste
2-3 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
Cooking spray or olive oil (I used cooking spray to cut down on calories and fat)

Directions:

Preheat the oven or toaster oven to 350*F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil for easy clean-up and spray it with nonstick cooking spray.

Wash and dry the zucchini. Cut the zucchini in half, and then cut each half into 6 or 7 spears.

Sprinkle the spears with salt and pepper to taste. Then, sprinkle the cheese over the spears.

Cook for 7-10 minutes, depending on how tender you like your veggies.

Eat and enjoy!



Any big plans for the weekend? I'm thinking that it's a head to a coffee shop with a good book kind of Saturday for me!


2 comments:

  1. These sound great! I just bought zucchini to make some zucchini fries, but these look good too - decisions, decisions...

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so good! I'm trying to find ways to bring more vegetables into my diet. This would be a tasty way to do it! Pinning this for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment; I'd love to hear from you!