Saturday, December 28, 2013

Polymer Clay Fortune Cookies

Hey, folks! I hope you all are having a fabulous day, enjoying the last few days of 2013. I've had a great year, but I'm very ready for 2014 and I'm so excited to see what it has in store for me. I have a feeling that it's going to be my best year yet!

While most of us are probably thinking of goals and resolutions for the new year, a little good luck certainly couldn't hurt anyone...

These Polymer Clay Fortune Cookies are super cute and could be just the luck you need for a fresh start in 2014!


First, begin by rolling the polyer clay with a smooth drinking glass. I started to use a wooden rolling pin, but realized that a porous surface might not be best for clay that can have negative effects on your health. Continue to roll out the clay until the clay is even and about 1/8" thick. With a circle-shaped cookie cutter or the opening of a drinking glass (I used a regular mason jar), make a circle and trim any excess clay with an exacto-knife.


Gently fold the circle in half. Using both hands, gently bend the clay down over the edge of a drinking glass until you form a fortune cookie shape.


Once you are satisifed with the shape, bake it in an oven (or toaster oven) for about 30 minutes at 275* or according to the directions on the clay package.


Feel free to add your own fortune before baking! Just place your fortune in the middle of the circle prior to folding. Be sure to cover the fortune with foil so it doesn't burn!

These Polymer Clay Fortune Cookies would be so cute as favors at a New Year's Party, weddings, and many other celebrations. The possibilities are endless!


Tips & Tricks

Line the baking pan with aluminum foil for easy clean-up.

Do not overbake the clay!

Open the windows or door and turn on a fan while using the clay- wash your hands after handling the clay.



1 comment:

Feel free to leave a comment; I'd love to hear from you!