Sunday, November 24, 2013

Cheddar Biscuits (Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits Copycat Recipe)

I think that I'm the only one out there that has never been to a Red Lobster. In my defense, I live on a tiny island that doesn't even have a Walmart- I'm not even sure where the closest Red Lobster is. Besides, I have amazing fresh local seafood all around me. Why would I even want to go to a chain restaurant for seafood?

Well, apparently they have these amazing cheddar biscuits. Babe even says they are amazing, so I really want to try them. And, as I previously mentioned- no Red Lobster in site. My solution? Scour the Internet for a copycat recipe... This recipe comes from Top Secret Recipes.

These biscuits are incredible. So, so, so incredible. They were inhaled at the dinner table so quickly! Trust me, you need to try these ASAP.

You could even bake up a batch of these to serve with your Turkey Day dinner!


Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits Copycat Recipe
(Makes 12 biscuits)
 
Ingredients:

2 1/2 cups Bisquick baking mix*
4 Tablespoons cold butter
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
3/4 cup cold whole milk
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
 
Brush on top:
 
2 Tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
Pinch of salt
 
Directions:

Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.  In a medium mixing bowl, combine Bisquick and cold butter using a fork or pastry cutter.  Don't combine too thoroughly.  There should be small chunks of butter in your mixture. 

Mix in cheese, milk and garlic powder by hand, only until combined.  Drop 1/4 cup portions onto an ungreased baking sheet.  Bake for 15-17 minutes or until golden brown.
 
 
After they finish baking, remove the biscuits from the oven.

In a small bowl, combine melted butter, garlic powder, parsley and salt.  Brush all of the garlic butter on top of the biscuits- you don't want to skimp on this.
 
Notes:

*Don't have any baking mix on hand? Make your own!

1 cup of Baking Mix can be made by combining 1 cup four, 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1 tablespoon shortening.

This recipe can also be made with whole wheat flour- it has a different flavor (obviously), but it still tastes great.



What's on the menu for your Thanksgiving?
 
We typically have turkey, mashed potatoes, a sweet potato bake, veggies, and cranberry sauce (for the color, of course). I'm also going to be making some sweet potato biscuits- they're delicious!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment; I'd love to hear from you!