Friday, August 16, 2013

Easy Lasagna Soup

I've mentioned it before, but easy meals are my favorite. I have an even greater appreciation for them now that I've got a full-time job. The recipe that I'm about to share is super simple to make and it can be frozen and defrosted for those days when you simply don't have time to cook. Yes, it's a soup and yes, I know that it's August. However, the temperature has actually dropped a little here on the island, so I say it's totally fine to eat soup in the summer!
 
Easy Lasagna Soup
 
 
Ingredients:
 
1 lb lean ground turkey
28 oz can diced tomatoes, undrained
Small can tomato paste
2 cups broth (beef, veggie, or even just use water)
1 cup water
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
2 1/2 cups whole wheat pasta, cooked until just about done
1 cup mozzarella cheese
 
Directions:
 
Cook and drain the ground turkey and place into a pot.
 
Add tomatoes, tomato paste, broth, water, and seasoning. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
 
Stir in cooked pasta and simmer an additional 5 minutes.
 
Serve with crusty bread and mozzarella cheese.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment; I'd love to hear from you!