Monday, August 19, 2013

8/19: One Beautiful Thing Monday

Hey folks! Sorry for the delay with this post. I've had a hard time coming up with something great to say.

It's been a beautiful week- we've had some rain, but we also had a few days that brought an amazing breeze. It was so nice to sit outside and not feel the muggy humidity for a change.

Saturday was especially beautiful- I had the entire day off from work. I went to the coffee shop and read a book, I went out for lunch, I visited a friend, and I came home to catch up on laundry. It was nice to not have to do anything for a change.

I also had a beautiful week at work. Since last Monday, I traveled north three times to shadow other instructors and get ideas for new fitness classes for the fall. It was great to see the passion of the other instructors and to see how much their students admire and appreciate them. I hope that I can develop that sort of relationship with my new students.


Did you see anything beautiful last week? If so, please share it in the comment box below :)



PS- If you're doing the Burpee Challenge with me, how's it going?

I'll be the first to admit that there were a few days that the Burpees didn't happen for me- I was either out of town and too busy, or it was a long day at work, or I was too exhausted from already doing so many other workouts, but I have made up all of the days I skipped. For instance, I did 100 Burpees today instead of the regular 50, because I skipped Fridays. I'm glad that I just have two more weeks to go, but I'm thinking about extending the challenge- I'm much stronger in my arms and chest and my endurance has definitely improved. I started the challenge with girl-style push-ups and I have been doing only man-style push-ups since the end of Week 1. That's a huge improvement for me! I'm so proud of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment; I'd love to hear from you!