Friday, July 19, 2013

Summer Drink: Orange Crush

Almost every restaurant has a drink list with something fruity and many of those said drink lists have something called and Orange Crush. And why not? It just sounds like the perfect summertime drink.
 
If you like oranges, that is. Can I tell you a secret? The thought of drinking orange juice makes me kind of nauseous. I love orange flavored things (soda, cake, candy, etc.), but the real deal just makes me queasy. I think it's the acid. You might be asking why I'm posting about an Orange Crush... I did this for all of you. I couldn't have you guys miss out on all of the summer cocktail fun, so I made one and I even took a few sips. No bad for something that has yucky orange juice mixed in ;)
 
Here's what you need to make your own at home:
 
 
To make it, use equal parts of orange juice (fresh squeezed is best), triple-sec, and vodka (orange vodka makes it more orangey). FYI: 1 oz. portions are more of a "serving size", because this drink isn't exactly low-calorie. And last but not least, add a splash of lemon-lime soda.


Bottoms up! What's your favorite summertime drink?
I'm just loving anything with ice... it's been warm...
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment; I'd love to hear from you!