Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Strawberry Protein Smoothie

Today I have a super simple smoothie recipe to share with you. After a workout last week, I wanted something very cold, but something that would satisfy and replenish. This smoothie is packed with tons of protein, fresh fruit, and it's very low in calories. It starts with a ready-to-drink protein shake, but if you don't have one on hand, protein powder will work just fine.
 
Strawberry Protein Smoothie Recipe
 
Pour a ready-to-drink protein shake into a blender. I love the shakes by EAS. I love the taste and I really like the nutrition information: low carb, high protein, and low calorie. If you don't have ready-to-drink shakes on hand but you do have protein powder, mix a scoop of protein with 6-8 ounces of water.
 
 
 Wash and chop about 1 1/2 cups of fresh strawberries and toss those into the blender.
 

Add two handfuls of ice (or as little or as much as you want) and blend until you reach your desired consistency. This smoothie recipe easily makes two servings, which still gives you 8.5 grams of protein and 50 calories (plus more, depending on how many berries you use).


Feel free to try different flavor combinations. A vanilla shake and strawberries or blueberries would taste great. A chocolate shake and a banana would probably taste great too!
 
Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. This looks great! Thanks for sharing! I'm pinning this!

    Allison

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I hope you like it :)

      Delete

Feel free to leave a comment; I'd love to hear from you!