Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Christmas in July + Gift List Printable

Can I tell you guys something? Promise not to judge me????
 
I already have my first Christmas gift wrapped. Yes... I am totally aware that it is July (even if it's the last day of July). I have never before done such a thing, but when I ran into a sale at the hardware store, I couldn't pass up a few small things that would be perfect as Christmas gifts for Dad. I knew that if I just packed away the bag, it would surely get lost or forgotten... or discovered by Dad, himself. The best option was to wrap it and stash it in our guest bedroom.

 
After seeing that present there, all ready to be gifted, I felt a sense of weird calmness. It got me thinking... I could really start looking for Christmas presents now and not have to worry about it and be stressed out in December. I could actually spend the month of December baking cookies, decorating, doing festive things, and spending serious quality time with my family.
 
And that's when this printable was born. It's designed so that I can write down my gift recipients, what I think I might get for them, and a place for me to check-off that the gift has been purchased and wrapped. There's also a spot for the homemade gifts, which are great when budgets are tight or when you want to give something from the heart. I don't blame you at all if you want to stash this away until November or December. I totally get that it's near 100 degrees outside and the only thing that normal people want to do is come inside from the heat, sit in front of the AC vent, and eat super cold ice cream (or is that just me?). However, I've already got most of my sheet filled out and though most of the presents are not bought and have not even been identified, it makes the process so much easier. When I hear family or friends say that they really like something or that they've been wanting to get a such-and-such, I just jot it down. That way, if I'm out shopping and I see that very item on sale, I know to get it (and it doesn't get forgotten about by the time Christmas approaches).
 
So, without further ado, here's the handy printable.




P.S. I have a burpee challenge planned for the entire month of August. The details will be posted tomorrow morning at 6:30 EST. I can't wait for you to join in and conquer the challenge with me!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment; I'd love to hear from you!