Monday, June 17, 2013

To Grandma's House We Go...

Hello, all! I hope you all had a lovely weekend. I took a few days off from work this past week to make a quick trip to visit my Grandma and family in Maryland. My grandma is 92 years old, so these visits are precious. My Grandma is an amazing woman. She worked full-time until she was 84 years old and had to retire because of health issues. Though her memory seems to get a bit worse each time I see her, she always has a smile on her face and she always has a positive attitude. It may take her a moment to remember exactly who I am, but when I go to leave, she always hugs me tightly and tells me she loves me, which is the most important part.

 
I also got to spend more time getting to know this little sweetheart, Vayda. It's so neat to watch her grow up.

 
While in the city, Chuck and I visited the Baltimore Zoo, which was a ton of fun. We ended up spending four hours at the zoo (we're 5 year olds, don't judge!).
 

We saw tons of pretty birds...

 
And I ate some Dippin' Dots (hey, when in Rome)...
 

And we saw tons of beautiful animals, like this leopard...

 
And my favorite... elephants!

And some other creatures, whose names I cannot remember...


And this stinkin' cute baby Prairie Dog.

 
Before we left town, we were told that we had to try the frozen custard at The Cow and it was definitely worth it. I can't believe I didn't hear about this place before!
 

 
And, of course, we hit up Ikea on the way home. We stayed in Woodbridge the night before, so hitting up Ikea right as they opened was super convenient. I love looking at all of the display rooms and imagining what my future house might look like. And Chuck likes to try out the sofas!


I hope you all have a great week! Do you have any big plans for the summer? I hope to get some color on my skin and read a few books.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment; I'd love to hear from you!