Saturday, June 29, 2013

Bread Machine Cinnamon Raisin Bread Recipe

I loooove fresh baked bread. Since bread is probably my favorite food group (yes, I'm putting bread in it's own food group), it only made sense that I would someday buy a bread machine so that I can have fresh baked bread without the long process of traditional bread baking. While I still have to wait a few hours for it to do its thing, I don't have to go through the lengthy processes of getting temperatures just right, letting the dough proof, rise, rest, etc.
 
My new favorite bread to bake is Cinnamon Raisin Bread and I'm going to share the recipe with all of you today (if you don't own a bread maker, you should do yourself a favor and get one). My mom and I both love cinnamon raisin bread and I remember her baking it for us every now and then when I was a little. A slice of this bread (toasted, of course) makes the perfect treat for breakfast or as a snack.
 

Ingredients:

For a 1 lb loaf (medium size on my bread maker)

3 cups bread flour
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 1/2 tablespoons dry milk
1 1/2 tablespoons honey
1 1/2 tablespoons butter
1 1/4 cups cold water
3 ounces raisins
1 teaspoon bread machine yeast

Directions:

Place all dry ingredients in the bread maker. If your bread maker has a yeast dispenser, place the yeast into the yeast dispenser. My bread maker signals when to add the raisins (about 75 minutes into the process). Read your owner's manual to see when you should add dried fruit.

With your finger, make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and add the wet ingredients. Program your bread maker.

Enjoy and try not to eat it all at once!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment; I'd love to hear from you!