Monday, May 20, 2013

Easy Pasta Salad


The weather has been so warm lately and I have summer on my mind. Summer means eating meals outside, cooking on the grill, and eating cold pasta salad on the side.I got to experience all of the above when it came time for dinner last night. Chuck grilled up some lean pork chops and I made a super simple pasta salad. We ate dinner at the picnic table and the breeze felt amazing; we couldn't have had a more perfect evening for an outdoor meal!

Easy Pasta Salad
 
Ingredients:
 
1 box whole wheat or whole grain pasta (rotini, penne, or elbow)
1 box grape tomatoes, sliced in halves
1 large cucumber, sliced into small pieces
1 small block of cheese, cubed
1/2 a bottle of your favorite light salad dressing (I used Hidden Valley Light Ranch)
 
Directions:
 
Boil pasta as directed on package, drain, and rinse with cold water.
 
In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, cucumber, cheese, and pasta.
 
Add the salad dressing and coat evenly.
 
Keep refrigerated and serve cold.

 
On another note, the amaryllis has bloomed; it's so pretty. Spring is definitely one of my favorite seasons. What's your favorite thing about spring?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment; I'd love to hear from you!