Monday, February 11, 2013

Amazingly Easy Crock-Pot Pot Roast

When I was a kid, I used to hate it when my mom made pot roast. I absolutely despised it.

As an adult, I can’t seem to get enough of it.

While pot roast is definitely considered comfort food, it still provides a bit of nutritional value. By choosing a leaner cut of meat and loading it up with potatoes, carrots, and onions, you’ve got a meal that you can feel good about serving to your family.

We’ve had a lot of cruddy cloudy weather lately.

And I think I’m getting a head cold.

And I’ve been in a grumpy mood.

And I’m bored with myself and my homework.

Blah, blah, blah.

Last night definitely called for comfort food and this pot roast managed to snap me out of this funk!

Introducing, Amazingly Easy Crock-Pot Pot Roast!
 

*Note: My crock pot is huge (7 qt. capacity) so I have plenty of room for all of this. Adjust quantities as needed!

Ingredients:

1 pound of carrots, peeled and chopped

1 medium onion, peeled and chopped

3 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
 
2 ribs of celery, chopped (I omitted this as I didn't have any)

3-4 lb. boneless chuck roast (you can certainly use a leaner cut with less marbling or even a London broil)

1 packet of slow cooker pot roast seasoning (I like McCormick)

1 cup of water

Directions:

Place the meat into your crock pot. Place the veggies on top. Mix together the seasoning packet with a cup of water and pour over the veggies.

Cook on high for one hour and cook on low for four more hours.

*Note: Every crock pot is different; my crock pot seems to cook pretty quickly. I have seen pot roast cook for 8-12 hours in other recipes. I would start off on high, and check the temperature every now and then and adjust the settings as necessary.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment; I'd love to hear from you!