Friday, December 28, 2012

Last minute knitting

Just when my hands thought they were done knitting until next winter, I decided that I wanted to knit a scarf for a friend's daughter. She's a really sweet 12 year old who happens to love purple and blue; I happened to have some purple and blue yarn on hand. I just love free projects. This yarn was different than any type I had ever used before. While the finished project is nice and pretty durable for a 12-year old, it was a little tricky to work with. No wonder it was left in the yarn box.

It was so easy: cast on, straight knit, and bind off.
I used 20 stitches across of each color.

The colors are a little more accurate in this photo.
On another note, I have some exciting news! My beau and I are leaving town tomorrow for a little while, to spend some time with friends in the mountains. I'm crossing my fingers for some awesome hiking or some snow. Or both. We'll be gone for close to two weeks, but I'm secretly hoping we just stay there. Can you tell I love the mountains?

I thought this was appropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment; I'd love to hear from you!