Wednesday, November 7, 2012

DIY Hemp Ornament

Before Halloween had even arrived, I was ready to put up the Christmas tree. If you can't tell, I LOVE Christmas. When my tree idea got vetoed, I decided to start thinking about Christmas-related projects. Last December, I bought some clear glass ball ornaments at Michaels on sale and had full intentions of decorating them for Christmas 2011. Oops... Needless to say, I've been searching the web for some easy DIY ornament projects for these little guys. Because I'm obsessed with the ideas of simple, rustic, and natural, I thought I'd look around the house for some twine and see what I could come up with. I couldn't find any twine, but instead, I found a bunch of hemp.

 
I cut off about four feet of hemp and started cramming it inside the glass ball. It twisted and did its own thing with minimal effort on my part and I think they look great! I added a piece of white satin ribbon for a touch of femininity and ta-da! It is just about the easiest project I have ever come across (and the cheapest!). This picture does not do these little guys justice. They are going to look amazing on my tree!


What does your tree usually look like? Do you coordinate the ornaments? Do you have a theme? Is it a random collection with your child's handmade beauties?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment; I'd love to hear from you!